Skip to main content

Wander diary

 log #1... in the god's own land

Part-1 

Cochin 

 


Kerala often called as god's own land is a majestic place invaded by greenery. I've never seen the land so green, the ocean so vast, the air so pure and the mountains so lively. Although it is part of India but to a North-Indian it is an unknown land. So here I am sharing my travel experience with all the readers.
To start with, if you are a kind of person who packs the bag every time you see the vacation coming closer, Kerala is just the place for you. I landed in Cochin,(also named as kochi). The best part of Kochi was it's coast. It is not a new attraction unlike the beach market, instead it has a history of travelers who who came to India through the coastal route. These travelers include names like Vasco Di Gama, who was a Portugal missionary. He came to South India along with many Portugal travelers and played a major role in propagating Christianity. Even today we find a considerable Portugal population. Vasco Di Gama Church near the coast of beach stands to prove his arrival. Other travelers include Ibn Battuta, a Muslim scholar, who can be credited with introduction of Islam in South. That's about the travelers. 
Another delight of Cochin ,especially for ladies, is the famous traditional silk saree of south, which I believe is a must buy. Just be patient enough to wait and  The coconut water and fine dishes cooked in coconut oil is the essence of south India, an experience worth every single penny I paid.
From the city of Cochin, we moved to our Next Destination....






Stay Tuned for the complete story...
 


Comments

  1. you only deliver excellence !

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is realy a wonderful experience

    ReplyDelete
  3. open more stories.. not satisfied with this much... :) :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surely will. It's nice to know that you want more of my blogs.

      Delete
    2. I surely will. It's nice to know that you want more of my blogs.

      Delete
    3. and it will be nice too if you want more from mine even if you are bored but getting to know a new land is not getting bored... :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chronicles of Himachal, Ch-1

The Hardest Part "I want to go to Himachal with my friends." I said to my mom. She turned around and reminded herself of the first time I said the same thing to her.  The first time I asked her for a permit, it was a college trip which eventually got cancelled. Ever since then all our plans to cross Delhi border failed miserably. This was our last hope. A trip that had no strings attached to the college, a trip with my 4 best friends.  Mom stood there for a while, staring at the floor and then she looked at me and said "Ok". This small word meant the world to me. Little did I know that in her mind, she was positive that the plan would never take flight, like the ones made before.  As the time passed and we booked our tickets and made arrangements for the trip, the darkest fears of my parents resurfaced. The thought that this time the plan might work was disturbing them. As the day came closer, they would very often call me for short pep talks about how this dre...

Chronicles of Himachal, Ch-2

The tragedy The bus was ready and so were the people inside. I could feel the rush inside of me. Standing outside the door, I gazed at the stairs. They were covered with blue carpet. I stepped inside the bus. It had a peculiar smell, smell of adventure perhaps. It was around 8 in the night, when the engine roared and we took off towards our destiny. Was it good or was it bad, it was yet to be discovered.  I sat with Khando, a girl with an independent mind and a sanctified soul. Her experience and knowledge made her the perfect candidate for the Columbus of our ship. Behind me was Verma. Her look was just a cover, for what she was capable of could instill fear in people. Beside her was Tanya, the girl with the power of persuasion. Her voice was an enchantment which could make men believe that sun can rise from the west. On our right was Indirayani. Her strength, both physical and mental was unbeatable. She was our Iron Lady. Lastly, I was there. On our way the bus stopped for ...

WHAT IF?

What if, time was a friend That danced to my beats A fellow compeer till the end And not a chain round my wrist What if, the arrow never betrayed the bow, And stayed together not hurting a soul Better still, stayed with Cupid For love to blossom forever more What if, dreams were real And reality, a nightmare Which faded with a drop of sunshine Never to return, never to fear What if, all this were true Your time, actions and thoughts were controlled by you Then perhaps, failure would just be Somebody you once knew. -kaush