Skip to main content

Hope...where are you?

The city remains silent. No lit candles in hands, no despair on face and no emotions in the heart. Is this because the girls are alive, unlike Nirbhaya? Or is it mere ignorance?
Muzzafarpur witnessed one of the most heinous crimes recently. Around 30 girls kept in captivity were raped continuously for 2 years. The racket was running right under the nose of the government who failed to keep up to it's promise. When will the fear of law make their hands shake before they commit? The wave of agony spread like wild fire when it happened in Delhi. That was a time when there was hope. Today hope is bleak.
Today we live in a society with least tolerance in matters of cow slaughter. We see riots in the name of religion. We ignore the polluted air that we breathe and the plastic which form huge piles. All we do, is complain while sitting in the safe ambience of our homes.
When will it Dawn on people that we ourselves are corrupt and no coercive means by any authority can transform the world.

I'm looking at the man in the mirror
I'm asking him change his face
                                                         Michael Jackson

One can not change the world if he fails to change himself.
When will a revolution change minds and hearts? When will we rise above criticism and act to make our dreams real?   When will hope return?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chronicles of Himachal, Ch-1

The Hardest Part "I want to go to Himachal with my friends." I said to my mom. She turned around and reminded herself of the first time I said the same thing to her.  The first time I asked her for a permit, it was a college trip which eventually got cancelled. Ever since then all our plans to cross Delhi border failed miserably. This was our last hope. A trip that had no strings attached to the college, a trip with my 4 best friends.  Mom stood there for a while, staring at the floor and then she looked at me and said "Ok". This small word meant the world to me. Little did I know that in her mind, she was positive that the plan would never take flight, like the ones made before.  As the time passed and we booked our tickets and made arrangements for the trip, the darkest fears of my parents resurfaced. The thought that this time the plan might work was disturbing them. As the day came closer, they would very often call me for short pep talks about how this dre...

Chronicles of Himachal, Ch-2

The tragedy The bus was ready and so were the people inside. I could feel the rush inside of me. Standing outside the door, I gazed at the stairs. They were covered with blue carpet. I stepped inside the bus. It had a peculiar smell, smell of adventure perhaps. It was around 8 in the night, when the engine roared and we took off towards our destiny. Was it good or was it bad, it was yet to be discovered.  I sat with Khando, a girl with an independent mind and a sanctified soul. Her experience and knowledge made her the perfect candidate for the Columbus of our ship. Behind me was Verma. Her look was just a cover, for what she was capable of could instill fear in people. Beside her was Tanya, the girl with the power of persuasion. Her voice was an enchantment which could make men believe that sun can rise from the west. On our right was Indirayani. Her strength, both physical and mental was unbeatable. She was our Iron Lady. Lastly, I was there. On our way the bus stopped for ...

WHAT IF?

What if, time was a friend That danced to my beats A fellow compeer till the end And not a chain round my wrist What if, the arrow never betrayed the bow, And stayed together not hurting a soul Better still, stayed with Cupid For love to blossom forever more What if, dreams were real And reality, a nightmare Which faded with a drop of sunshine Never to return, never to fear What if, all this were true Your time, actions and thoughts were controlled by you Then perhaps, failure would just be Somebody you once knew. -kaush